OXFAM GLOUCESTER ROAD - CHARITY SHOP VOLUNTEER
In Oxfam Gloucester Road, we're dedicated to fighting poverty and inequality, and we can’t do that without our wonderful volunteers! Join us and boost your CV, confidence, and skills by getting customer service & sales experience here at Oxfam Gloucester Road.
Why do we need you?
Our shops would not be able to raise crucial funds for Oxfam’s emergency and development work all over the world without our dedicated volunteers, who provide their time and bring multitude of skills. In return, we offer personal development, valuable insight into charity retail and a friendly environment to meet new people.
You do not need specific skills and experience as we will give you all the training and support so you can help us sell lots of goodies each week by providing customers and donors with amazing service.
All we ask for is 4 - 8 hours per week, we can be very flexible around employment / education and any other commitments you have. Some travel and lunch expenses can be covered too.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Commitment to Oxfam’s values of empowerment, accountability, and inclusiveness.
- Ability to work within Oxfam’s policies and shop guidelines.
- An interest in retail and customer service.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Willingness to learn.
What are your key responsibilities?
Depending on the needs of the shop and your interest, you may be involved in the following:
- Using the shop’s guidelines to sort and price donated clothes, books, homewares etc.
- Providing customer service on the shop floor.
- Creating attractive displays across the shop.
- Promoting our Gift Aid scheme.
- Promoting our exciting sustainable fashion campaigns such as ‘Second-Hand September’.
What will you gain from this opportunity?
• You will be joining thousands of volunteers who “won’t live with poverty”.
• Learn about Oxfam’s humanitarian, development, and campaigning work.
• Opportunity to utilise and develop your portfolio of skills and experience.
• Gain valuable experience in retail at an international charity.
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised NVQ qualifications in customer service, warehousing, retail, and management.
• Lunch and local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam’s policy.
*Boost your confidence, skills, and CV by volunteering*
Tempted? Click apply now and we'll get back to you soon!
Vacancy location: Oxfam Gloucester Road | 5 Gloucester Road, SW7 4PP
Our shop complies with Covid-19 guidance and we aim to keep everyone safe with thorough cleaning and welfare procedures. We aim to reply to applications within two working days. If you haven’t heard from us, please check your junk folder.