Oxfam's Headingley Shop is currently looking for Volunteers to help Oxfam’s fight to support the world’s most vulnerable communities during the current global pandemic.
We’re looking for volunteers who can give 4-8 hours (or more!) of their time in the shop each week, and we’re excited to welcome brand new volunteers to our stores in 2022!
Location: 45/47 Otley Road, Headingley, Leeds. LS6 3AB.
Opening hours: Monday - Saturday (9-5) Sunday (12-5)
Become a volunteer!
We have a range of roles and some more specialist roles. We like to give volunteers an opportunity to try a range of areas before they find something that suits them. You might become a Shop Volunteer, Bookshop Volunteer or Music Shop Volunteer. Or, you might find yourself in a more specific role such as a Social Media Volunteer, an Admin/Finance Support Volunteer, or even a Lead Volunteer.
Whatever your skills or interests, there’s something for everyone…
Specific Shop Requirements: Right now, we're looking for people who can help out on the till, as well as sorting and pricing the donations, & helping out with our online shop!
Why be a volunteer?
Your time will make a huge difference. We estimate one four-hour shift will, on average, provide enough income to enable Oxfam to provide life-saving handwashing facilities for 81 people.
Volunteering also has a positive impact on wellbeing, with an incredible 7 in 10 volunteers saying that their charitable actions were beneficial for their mental health.
Benefits of becoming a Volunteer:
- Gain genuine experience working in a retail environment.
- Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience, and develop your CV.
- Great way to meet new people & be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Be part of a fantastic team and make a positive change to the world.
- Opportunity to utilise and develop your transferable skills.
Volunteering with Oxfam can give you the skills, confidence and experience you need to build your CV and boost your employability. Problem solving, communication, working with others and familiarity with the workplace are universally valued by employers.
No experience is necessary as full training and an induction will be given. You don't need to be computer literate to join our team; there are volunteer opportunities for all. All we ask is that you’re happy to work as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
We can be flexible around parenting, caring, health, employment, education, and any other commitments you have.
Tempted? Click Apply now and we'll get back to you very soon!
- We aim to reply to applications within two working days. If you haven’t heard from us, please check your junk/spam folder, or get in touch directly.
- Oxfam reimburses Volunteer expenses incurred in line with Oxfam’s Volunteer Expenses Policy: local, reasonable travel expenses, & lunch (if volunteering a full day).
- We take the welfare of volunteers and everyone we work with very seriously. We do not tolerate discrimination, bullying, abuse of power, or any sexual misconduct within the workplace.
- Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).
· *Please note: due to the current capacity of some shops, it may be the case that you will be placed on a waiting list and/or, if you are under 18, until a shop has enough staff and/or volunteers DBS cleared. The Shop Manager will discuss this with you once your references have been received.
PLEASE NOTE: You do NOT need to submit a CV to apply for volunteering roles with Oxfam (it's a default on the system I am unable to change).