Come and be one of our original Oxfam Superstore Superheroes!
An exciting new Oxfam Superstore is coming to Oxford and we're offering you the unique opportunity to be part of something that really is the first of its kind!
If you enjoy working in a fun and diverse team, thrive on meeting and talking to people, and you'd like to be part of an exciting new community project right from the start, this could be for you!
The superstore will be more than a shop – it will be a place for the community to get together, a café, as well as offering a huge choice of bargains and one-of-a-kind finds in a fantastic family friendly environment.
- Provide customer service to our shoppers on the till
- Interact with customers, helping them with anything they need
- Receive new donations
- Walk the shop floor, keeping it looking clean, attractive and organised
- Assist with any other relevant tasks on the shop floor
- Promote Oxfam’s Gift Aid scheme
- Have fun with the rest of the team!
Skills and competencies:
You don't need specific skills or qualifications to volunteer in an Oxfam shop. Every one of our thousands of volunteers has their own superpower! However, working as a member of the Oxfam team the following are desirable:
- An interest in retail/customer service
- Ability to work within the shop guidelines
- Commitment to Oxfam’s values of accountability, inclusivity and empowerment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A calm, friendly and positive nature
- Willingness to learn/receptive to feedback
- An eye for detail
- Good communication skills
How you could benefit:
Oxfam Shop volunteers gain a lot from what they do. You will be joining over 22,000 volunteers to show that "we won't live with poverty".
- Nationally recognised qualifications in Retail Skills, Warehousing & Logistics, Business Administration, Customer Service can be gained whilst volunteering for Oxfam.
- You will be given all necessary training and support you need.
- You’ll join a fun, knowledgeable and diverse team who support one another in what they do.
- Get that feel good feeling from giving something back to the local community and the wider world.
- You can claim reasonable local travel expenses and lunch costs, in line with Oxfam's policy.
Come and be one of our original Superstore Superheroes! We'd love to hear from you!