Do you have the basic I.T. skills and enthusiasm to help us to end world poverty?!
Our brand new and unique Oxfam Superstore on Oxford Business Park is due to open later this summer and will be selling a range of new products and donated items, including clothes, accessories, books, gifts, music, electricals, furniture and homewares.
Our shop teams work hard to raise as much money as possible from every item that is donated and therefore in addition to selling donations in the shop, we also list items to be sold on our Oxfam online shop.
We are looking for enthusiastic Online Shop Volunteers to join our fabulous Online Shop team at the new Oxfam Superstore to help us sell to a worldwide audience and to raise invaluable funds towards saving and improving lives across the globe.
This would suit anyone with an interest in retail, online marketing or simply a love of charity shops and our work!
The role could be perfect for someone wishing to gain valuable experience and skills for their CV, or somebody who would simply like to be part of an exciting, innovative and friendly team of like-minded people.
Full training will be given, so previous technical experience is not essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identifying opportunities to maximise online sales potential
- Using simple photography skills to visually showcase the item to the a worldwide audience
- Utilising product knowledge to create accurate and appealing written content on our web based listing tool
- Evaluating item value and setting prices effectively
- Adhering to set standards and providing excellent customer service within an e-commerce setting
Key Skills desired:
- A passion and enthusiasm about volunteering and Oxfam's values
- Competent use of computers and internet
- Basic photography skills
- Ability to work within Oxfam’s online selling guidelines
- Experience of working on own initiative and as part of a team would be preferable
- Desire to learn or develop new skills in the field of online retail
- An interest in a range of donated products
- Willingness to undertake training as and when required
- Good written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Opportunities for the volunteer:
- Experience of online retail
- Gain an insight into how Oxfam re-sell, re-use and recycle donated items
- Training, support and guidance from a dedicated and experienced Oxfam team
- Work with Oxfam to maximise the value of donations to help overcome poverty and suffering
- The opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification up to NVQ Level 2 in Retail Skills
Please note: This is an unpaid voluntary role, however reasonable lunch and travel expenses can be claimed in line with Oxfam GBs Expenses Policy.
Oxfam is a global movement of milions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn't inevitable. In just 15 years, extreme poverty has been halved. 15 more years and we can end it for good.To spread that change and make it last, political solutions are also needed to tackle the root causes of poverty and create societies where empowered individuals can thrive. We will always act, we will speak out, and we won't live with poverty.