Oxfam runs a network of over 650 shops which raise millions of pounds each year to fund Oxfam's vital work.
If you enjoy meeting people, are able to tell the difference between a designer and high street label and are happy to learn new skills, this role could be for you.
Many of our volunteers offer at least one 4-hour shift each week however you can discuss your availability with the shop manager who will let you know when vacancies exist.
Every Oxfam Shop is different and our shops that sell fashion items sell a wide variety of both new and donated merchandise therefore the specific roles will vary according to your interests and the needs of the shop. As a member of the clothing team however it is likely that you will do some or all of the following:
- Display items and replenish in line with shop standards
- Receive donations, sort, value and price donated goods within our clothing department
- Identify and value fashionable and saleable goods for selling online from donated stock
- You may wish to take specific responsibility for a particular area - e.g. men's, women's, accessories and children's clothes.
Skills and competencies:
You don't need specific skills or qualifications to volunteer in an Oxfam Shop. However, working as a member of the clothing team the following are desirable.
- An interest in fashion and retail
- Ability to work within the shop guidelines
- The ability once trained to value donated stock through online research
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
What this role can offer the volunteer:
Oxfam Shop volunteers benefit in lots of ways. You will be joining over 22,000 volunteers to show "we won't live with poverty".
- You will be given all necessary training and support for this role.
- This is an opportunity to use and share your interest in clothes and fashion in a very worthwhile way
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.