Community research and recruitment volunteer
Do you live in or near to Bishops Stortford and are passionate about community research? Do you have 3 hours or more available to volunteer each week, enjoy meeting new people and want to help them to find a volunteer role in their community? You can turn your passion into action and join our welcoming volunteer team at our new Oxfam Bishops Stortford Books and Music shop.
Who we are:
Oxfam Bishops Stortford Books and Music will open at the end of July 2019. Our shop will trade 7 days a week 9.30-5 Monday to Saturday and 11-3 on Sundays.at 3-5a North Street.
Oxfam shops engage with their local community and stock donated goods kindly donated by local donors to help Oxfam achieve its goals of living in a world without poverty, a just world where everyone has a voice!
Our volunteer teams are dedicated and have the chance to be developed in their roles and help Oxfam’s work with women’s rights and poverty and water supplies by raising much needed funds for so many projects, including UK poverty.
We are looking for a person-centred individual that has knowledge of the local community or is willing to research opportunities to engage confidently with others with the aim of increasing our volunteer support at our new shop. We alsohave flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle.
This exciting role involves admin support, sharing information with small groups to share details of Oxfam's volunteering opportunities, researching opportunities in the locality, engaging with the shop’s social media and sharing successes with other Oxfam shop communities.
What's in it for you
- This is an opportunity for you to share and gain new skills in admin, social media, people resourcing and research
- Comprehensive induction, training and support for your new role
- This is also your opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of others through your valued gift of time, build your CV through volunteering for a multi-national charity, enhance your retirement or take on a new and interesting challenge.
- Travel expenses and lunch can be covered in line with Oxfam's expense policy
- You will be joining thousands of Oxfam shop volunteers who 'won't live with poverty'
- References can be provided to future employers
- NVQ diplomas in Retail Skills available for volunteers that meet the criteria
If this role is of interest please do get in touch. Applications will be considered as they are received, thank you.