Volunteer Shop Social Media Assistant Books and Music shop
Wishing to learn more about social media, spending time on facebook, instagram or twitter or just have a passion for social media in general? Here's an invite to put your passion into action at our new Books and Music shop opening in Bishops Stortford at 3-5a North Street at the end of July 2019.
If you live in or near to this location and have 2- 3 hours per week spare or more on any day of the week or weekend you can be in at the start!
Who we are:
Oxfam runs a network of over 640 shops that raise millions of pounds each year to fund Oxfam's vital work. Individual shops need to maintain regularly updated social media accounts to engage with their local customers, raise awareness of their activities, partner with other organisations, and attract donations and volunteers to their shop.
This interesting role will give you the chance to learn about social media output for a multi-national charity and help this very lively and friendly shop engage even more with its local community.
- Establish and maintain lively social media accounts for Oxfam Bishops Stortford Books and Music
- Advertise current volunteer vacancies
- Engage with the local community
- Regularly link local customers with current Oxfam campaigns
- Creatively and responsibly inform and communicate with customers
No skills needed:
You don't need specific skills or qualifications to volunteer in an Oxfam Shop. Training can be provided, but the following would be useful:
- Be a regular user of facebook, instagram or twitter, or be willing to learn
- Ability to learn and follow Oxfam's online safety policy as an online representative of Oxfam
- Know your local town and community well or willing to take the time to research
- Able to think of creative ideas to link Oxfam's work with your individual shop through social media
- Basic digital photography experience (optional)
What this role can offer you and next steps:
Oxfam volunteers benefit in so many ways. You will be joining thousands of Oxfam volunteers who 'won't live with poverty'
- Comprehensive induction, training and support for your new role
- The opportunity to volunteer and be part of a friendly and diverse volunteer team
- Relevant experience in working with social media to promote a charity
- A chance to flex your creative muscles to make a unique and well-connected central point for the shop to broadcast it's quirky and exciting news
- You will learn more about the vital global work that Oxfam does and how your valued gift of time contributes to make change happen
- Travel and lunch expenses can be covered in line with Oxfam's policy
- A chance to build your CV, enhance your retirement or take on a new and interesting challenge
- References can be provided to future employers
- NVQ Retail Diploma training offered to any candidates that meet the required criteria
If this role is of interest to you please do get in touch, we would love to hear from you. Applications will be considered as they are received, thank you.