PACSO is a Chichester-based Charity that supports parents and carers who have a child or young person with a special educational need or disability.
We provide play and social opportunities for children and young people and their siblings, and much needed respite for parents and carers in Chichester and Arun districts
At PACSO we welcome children and young people age 0-25 with any special need or disability - physical, learning and behavioural.
We will support every child or young person, no matter how complex or challenging their needs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Board of Trustees as a
with responsibility to lead Trustees on financial matters and ensure that PACSO remains a secure and sustainable organisation financially and is able to grow in line with our Strategic Plan.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and qualified Accountant who has worked with charities and who is committed to what PACSO stands for. They will be able to both deliver a financial leadership role and, to support the Operations and Development Manager, Book Keeper, Fundraising Manager and Governance Trustee as a vital part of our Finance team. As part of this they will, as necessary, be able to attend the PACSO Offices in Chichester.
The role includes:
- Attendance at monthly Trustee Board meetings.
- Attendance at Finance team meetings.
- As part of business planning ensuring a draft budget is available for our yearly Strategic Planning Day and, subsequently, agree the budget for approval by the Trustees before the beginning of the new financial year.
- Oversight of all budgets, management accounts, annual accounts for submission to PACSO’s external auditor/Charities Commission and, presenting the audited (if required) accounts/independent examination to the AGM.
- Financial analysis and advice on financial issues as they affect the running and operational delivery of the charity.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets for specific projects and for fundraising.
- Act as one of PACSO’s cheque signatories.
- Ensure that money held on deposit earns a good rate of interest.
- Ensure that the Trustees are fully aware of all financial issues relating to employment.
- Ensure that appropriate insurances are maintained.
- Ensure the charity has an auditor or independent examiner appropriate to its turnover, constitution and funder requirements should that be required.
- If charity receives a management letter ensure that its contents are noted by the trustees and appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure that the charity has all necessary financial policies, such as financial controls, reserves policy etc and support the Operations Manager in ensuring that these are reviewed and approved annually by the Board.