Why do we need your help?
Pain Concern is a charity providing information and support to people with pain and those who care for them, whether family, friends or healthcare professionals.
Can you help us to promote local awareness of both Pain Concern and consequences of living with pain, often for many years. As one of a team of Ambassadors you would be promoting not just a message but access to practical support.
How would I be trained?
Pain Concern has been involved in delivering training in diverse ways for some years. You would be fully trained in modern explanations of pain and the material that Pain Concern offers to support those living with pain. Training would often be distance learning so that you could access training at a time to suit yourself.
What exactly does being an Ambassador involve?
- Becoming familiar and informed about work of Pain Concern.
- Giving presentations to groups
- Raising awareness of Pain Concern’s support services and educational resources, and current campaigns
- Contacting local groups and requesting access to provide information presentations.
- Participate and assist with local and national pain related events and activities
- Upscaling support group leaders in pain management, via our Moodle online pain training modules
How will I benefit from being an Ambassador?
- This opportunity is social and if meeting new people appeals then this may be the volunteering opportunity for you.
- The knowledge that you are supporting a community where support and understanding can be thin on the ground.
- Develop new skills and knowledge.
- Paid expenses.
Availability and location:
- By becoming one of our Ambassadors in Scotland, you will travel in and around your geographical area to meet support groups and attend events
- After training, a commitment of once or twice a month is desired
To Apply for this volunteering role, please send us your CV and a covering letter.
For more information
Visit our website to find out more about what we do, including our Airing Pain radio programme, Pain Matters magazine, Pain Concern helpline, community Pain Education Sessions and our research and campaigning work.
Pain Concern, Registered charity no SC023559, Company No: SC546994