Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We are looking for an intern to work alongside our Campaigns team. You will support our global campaigns and partnerships - helping us to raise awareness of Peace Day, 21 September, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
You will need excellent research and communication skills, to be able to write emails fluently and clearly, have the ability to handle language barriers creatively and, importantly, you will be confident in speaking on the phone and in person to people from all walks of life and encouraging them to engage in Peace One Day’s activities worldwide.
• Assisting communications and engagement with stakeholders
• Researching, analysing and reaching out to potential global supporters and partners
• Assisting in creation of promotional materials to support Peace One Day campaigns
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Well-organised, quick to learn, flexible
• Excellent people skills, ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Capable problem solving, use of initiative and creativity
• Good research skills (web based)
• Good understanding of international politics and cultural sensitivities
• Interest and sympathy with the aims and activities of Peace One Day
• Be able to handle language barriers creatively
• Be fluent in written & spoken English
• Additional language skills in any of the UN’s other Official Languages (desirable, but not essential)
At Peace One Day, we believe in covering your travel expenses for the commitment you are giving to us.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visa applications, so you must have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for any position at Peace One Day.
Internship for immediate start for a period of approximately 2-3 months.