Join the board of our proud college and broaden the expertise to ensure continuous improvement to benefit our students and the wider community.
As part of our drive for continued excellence, we are looking to engage both a Governor and a Chair of the Audit Committee, both of whom will bring differing expertise and different professional backgrounds. A passion for education and an understanding of the impact that our sector has on students, their careers and future opportunities will be important for these roles.
We are looking to engage an education professional, who can bring knowledge and expertise in teaching, learning and curriculum development. This expertise may have been gained in either school leadership or the further education sector.
The role of Governor is to provide challenge and support to the Principal and senior post holders in undertaking their roles, and is defined as:
- Ensuring the educational character and mission of the College reflects the needs of the communities served,
- Use public funds correctly, as funding bodies require, and to the benefit of the communities served,
- Ensuring appropriate staffing is in place, especially through the appointment of senior post holders and setting the framework for pay and conditions of other staff,
- Complying with the Instruments and Articles, Financial Memorandum, Code of Conduct and College financial regulations and procedures
- Contributing to the development and supporting the implementation of the strategy for the College as determined by the Corporation.
Chair of the Audit Committee
We are looking to engage an audit professional who is proficient with more than just numbers. The Audit Committee is responsible for the scrutiny of the finances, health & safety, safeguarding and student outcomes. As Chair of the Committee, you will bring your professional expertise and that of having been a Committee Member or Chair in a previous organisation.
Plumpton College is committed to a policy of equality and diversity which promotes and ensures just and fair treatment for all. Our aim is to create and maintain a positive and inclusive environment which enables everyone to realise their full potential, regardless of age, gender, gender reassignment, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, employment status, health, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or non-membership, domestic circumstances, social & employment status.
Closing date: By 9 a.m. Monday 5th September 2022
Please click ‘Apply via website’ to be directed to the Peridot Partners website and to contact the advising consultants to discuss this role in more detail.