Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Play Association Hammersmith and Fulham
Trustee recruitment drive – 2019
Who are we?
The Play Association Hammersmith & Fulham believes that every child has the right to play freely, and that play is an essential part of the wellbeing, social, and emotional development of children and young people.
We run play services in the greater London area in partnership with local authorities, and offer services to tenants’ and residents’ associations during the school holidays and after school to promote inclusion, improve play in estates and communities, and enhance their local offer.
What do the current board do?
Our driven Trustee board exists to support the efforts of our brilliant Office and Play teams. We strive to ensure these teams can do what they do best: continue to provide exciting and stimulating play opportunities for children of all backgrounds and abilities in Hammersmith and Fulham. We’re a team of passionate individuals, with varied skill sets and extensive experience in the not-for-profit sector.
Key personal characteristics for prospective board members:
· Cares for and values the play rights and needs of children and young people of all backgrounds and abilities;
· Motivated to stand up for these rights and needs in order to ensure they are met;
· Willing to provide support in various ways, from providing expert insight in key areas to volunteering at our events.
As a small charity, there will always be an element of mucking-in. We would require any prospective members of the board to be comfortable with this.
We are specifically looking for persons with experience in the following areas:
· Human Resources
Successful applicants will demonstrate strong experience working or volunteering in one or both of the above areas, preferably within the charity sector. Ideally, applicants will also have previous board experience, but this is not a requirement of the role. The successful applicant will also be comfortable with the following:
· Working as part of a team, and contributing towards one shared vision;
· Using their own initiative to proactively seek areas for improvement, and implement strategy to foresee and proactively counter potential issues in the area they are responsible for;
· Supporting the efforts of fellow trustees, and in particular, the Chair of Trustees to improve the reach and impact of the charity’s efforts.
· 2nd June – 30th August, applications to be submitted (if we receive strong interest early on, we may close the process prior to August 30thth)
Application type – CV and Covering letter (1-2 pages, size A4)