What we Need:
To provide administrative support to the Community Employment Service Projects.
Things you can do
- Assisting the Community Employment Service facilitators and specialists with the office administration involved in running the project.
- Updating resources and maintaining accurate records using MS Excel, online survey tools and Cloud based management systems
- Using Microsoft Office programmes such as Word and Excel.
- Researching local supports and services.
- Researching local companies and employers.
- Researching job fairs and events in the area.
- Updating the clients’ database with the relevant documents, notes and paperwork.
- Updating outreach and corporate databases.
- Creating case studies for service users who have given their permission; helping to highlight the positive impact of the Get Set project
- Sending emails and using the telephone to contact both participants and external organisations.
Who can help
In the first instance the Community Employment Service Manager and in the second instance the Office & Resources Manager and support from the Possability People staff team.
We would like 1 shift a week on a day which is mutually convenient. We need volunteers from Monday through to Friday between 10 am & 1pm or 1pm & 4pm. This is flexible if needed.
What support and training is there for you?
Each Volunteer will have a full induction with the Office & Resources Manager in order to familiarise themselves with the overall working practices of the organisation and to prepare for the specific tasks that their Volunteering role will focus on.
Volunteers will have 1:1s every three months with the Community Employment Services project lead or manager.
Volunteers always work with a member of staff and are made to feel welcome as part of the team.
An opportunity to offer your skills and experience.
The chance to build confidence, self-esteem and make a difference.
Join a team committed to better, more equal and inclusive public services.
Meet new people.
Learn new skills, develop your CV and gain work references.
Can you provide the following?
- We require someone who is above all organized, systematic and has an eye for detail.
- Good IT and data entry skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the provision of quality services and support for disabled people.
- To demonstrate an empathetic, confidential, tolerant and understanding approach to clients’ needs.
Maybe you have done or have some of these?
These are some skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for. However, if you don’t have these don’t worry as we can offer training and development within these areas.
- Experience in an administrative environment.
- Knowledge or experience of Microsoft office programmes
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience of disability issues.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.