We’re looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who want to be part of conversations about developing and leading our future.
This is an exciting time in Power2’s journey. The last year has been a difficult year for everyone. But in continuing to deliver our programmes we have seen first-hand how the pandemic has disproportionately affected the young people who were already facing multiple disadvantages. We are working with them to build their self-esteem, re-engage them with school and empower them to make a positive difference to their lives and the lives of others.
We recognise that we need to bring different and more diverse voices and perspectives to our decision making, and that our Board needs to more closely represent the diversity of our work, and the people and communities we work with.
For this reason, we are proactively seeking and actively encourage applications from:
- Black, South Asian and ethnically diverse people.
- People with lived experience of the issues our young people face (before the age of 18: in receipt of free school meals, with mental health/wellbeing issues, disengaged with school and learning, at risk of or excluded from school.
- Those outside London, particularly those in the North West.
- Those seeking their first Trustee position and/or are at an early stage in their career.
- Those with experience of Boards.
We are also keen to hear from people with specific expertise in:
- Fundraising/income generation
- Charity leadership
- Programme development
- School/academy chain/virtual school leadership
- Local authority commissioning
- Children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing
- Impact management
We will also be recruiting two Young Trustees (under 30) from our beneficiaries.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.