A vacancy has arisen for a new Fundraising & Sponsorship Officer to join the Pride Cymru team. Your expertise will help to support the charity’s grow through developing and implementing effective sponsorship and fundraising strategies.
About Pride Cymru
Pride Cymru are the leading LGBT+ charity based in Cardiff working towards the elimination of discrimination by promoting equality for all regardless of sexuality, gender identity, race or other characteristic. Pride Cymru delivers the biggest annual Pride event in Wales and is fast becoming one of the biggest Pride events in the UK.
Pride Cymru is entirely volunteer led and is dedicated to serving the LGBT+ community both in South Wales and beyond. A key body within the network of Pride organisers around the UK, Pride Cymru works to protect, support and empower communities to become more tolerant and accepting of each other.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship/fundraising plan for increasing revenues in a cost-effective manner as part of the existing Pride Cymru team.
- Maintain and develop existing sponsorship/fundraising relationships.
- Develop, maintain and implement guidelines to increase sponsorship recruitment, satisfaction, and support.
- Ensure that event sponsors are consistent with our charity ethos and partnership programmes, and maximise opportunities for cross selling of markets/parade and other opportunities.
- Work with the event management team to manage sponsorship activities. Responsible for sponsor prospecting, proposal customisation and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up and support, and assist in representing the charity at events.
- Work with marketing to create and manage online sponsorship programs to ensure a steady stream of prospects and future sales.
- Liaise with trustees/chair of charity to prepare plans and future activities and provide briefings to others as necessary or as requested.
- Managing the sponsors area and relevant areas over course of Pride Cymru’s Big Weekend.
What’s in for me?
You’ll get the satisfaction that comes from playing an active role in helping LGBT+ people of all ages to feel accepted, appreciated as part of society.
This is also the perfect opportunity to gain new experiences and utilise your skills and experiences in a different setting than you may be used to.
Whilst this is an unpaid role, you will be reimbursed for reasonable travel and subsistence expenses whilst undertaking work for Pride Cymru.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.