Purpose: The successful voluntary candidate plays a key role in Project Girl Foundation’s fundraising activities in order to secure funding for its programme and organisation’s core costs. The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanour, the ability to work independently and as a team player and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships and collaborating with key organisational staff.
- Research and identify grant opportunities based on funding amount needed, location, programme/project.
- Create and monitor a calendar of grant opportunities, including deadline dates, information needed to gather etc.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant applications to secure funding.
- Ability to successfully communicate mission and vision of Project Girl Foundation in the grant application.
- Create and maintain a chart of grant applications: including grants applied to, status of application, grant deadline.
- Communicate with foundations, if needed, to confirm if an application can be made for funding.
- Identify all requirements of grant to ensure all necessary attachments are submitted on time.
- Prioritise grants to apply for (based on the size of grant and time funding is released).
- Collaborating with Chief Executive Officer, Social Media and Content Intern to send newsletters to funders.
- Create and maintain an annual report, recording money raised via grants.
- Maintain records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing, Communications, Fundraising or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from not-for-profits, charities, trusts and other philanthropic organisations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write creative and concise grant applications.
- Ability to manage rejection and overcome common proposal objections.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with sourcing opportunities, cold-calling and business relationship management.
- Detail oriented and excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to understand and generate budgets.
- Ability to plan and work within time agreed timeframes.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and email marketing.
- Ability to commit to working six hours per week, for at least six months.