Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to help our Volunteer Engagement team with monitoring and evaluating feedback from volunteers and external organisations. You will also be helping with volunteer recruitment and provide administrative support to our projects. In return, we’ll offer you training and help you develop your skills further.
What will I be doing?
Duties will include:
• Monitoring, evaluating and recording feedback from volunteers and external organisations
• Lead on data entry and management of volunteer records
• Provide administrative support to team projects
• Provide excellent customer service to volunteers in person, via email or over the phone
• Support with volunteer recruitment for a range of events and activities
• Communicating with new and existing volunteers to make sure they’ve got the information they need to perform their roles
• Contribute new ideas and productive ways of working
• Working effectively and efficiently to fulfil the Volunteer Engagement Team’s needs
What skills and personal qualities do I need?
• Organised and self-motivated
• Have excellent administration and IT skills
• An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Respect the need to keep some information confidential
• Support diversity and equality
• A fast-learner who can work in a flexible manner
• Have experience using Microsoft Office
Nice to have:
• Experience of volunteering for a charity
• Customer service experience
• Experience working with IT databases (Raisers Edge)
What skills and experiences will I gain from this role?
• Experience working with a large charity
• Experience in using Raisers Edge database
• Experience in volunteer recruitment and management
• The opportunity to further develop your office administration and customer service skills
Where will I be volunteering?
In our head office in London Bridge
Address: Prostate Cancer UK, Fourth Floor, Counting House, 53 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QN
What time commitments are involved?
We encourage volunteers to give 2 days per week. However, any additional time offered would be welcome.
What training will be provided?
We will provide you with ‘on the job’ training for all duties. We will also offer training on Raiser’s Edge (our database system), as well as any additional training on MS Office programmes.
Volunteers will have access to our online e-learning portal which has various courses you can do while volunteering with us and you are also able to attend any in house face to face training that run while you are with us.
Will expenses be covered?
Yes. We will reimburse your travel costs to and from the office as well as your lunch costs in line with our expenses policy
How do I apply:
Please submit your CV and covering letter