What does this volunteer role involve?
- Loading the van each morning with the furniture being delivered to customers.
- Safely and carefully collecting furniture from donor’s homes and delivering it back to the showroom.
- Keeping the showroom safe and tidy
- Phoning donors and customers to let them know when you are on the way.
When can I volunteer?
Homestore is open to the public from 10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
The shifts available are one full day of 9.00am to 4.00pm.
We ask volunteers to do one or two shifts per week.
Will you pay my expenses?
Yes, we will pay for your travel within London zones 1-6 and we will pay £6 for your lunch. We will also provide you with safety boots.
What experience do I need?
None! We will give you all the training you need, including health and safety training. But if you have already worked in a stock room, warehouse or on a van you’ll be off to a great start.
What personal qualities do I need?
People who do well in this role:
- are friendly and enjoy talking to people face to face
- show understanding, discretion and empathy to our customers
- show initiative rather than wait for instructions
- are physically fit and can move furniture. We provide trolleys and barrows to make the job easier.
- can co-operate with other volunteers and have a positive outlook
- have a good working knowledge of spoken and written English
- can be relied on to attend regularly, on time
Will this role improve my employability?
Yes. It is a busy store and you will be helping with about 12 deliveries per day. After three months volunteering we will supply you with a reference.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.