Communications Manager at Ranger Cadets - VOLUNTEER ROLE
- Hours: 6-8hours per week
- Location: Home based (You will be required to attend a few events each year, including locally to you to network and promote the Ranger Cadets).
You must have good working computer, internet connection and the ability to sign documents electronically and attend virtual meetings.
We are a NEW start-up uniformed youth development organisation looking to make a difference in the lives of young people aged 13 to 25 years old across England (starting in London and then growing outwards). Our mission is to prepare young people for life, by giving them new opportunities and experiences to learn and discover themselves and the world around them, while boosting their confidence, skills for life and resilience.
Cadets meet up at weekly unit cadet meet ups which take place one night per week usually held between 7pm and 9pm in which Cadets (young people) take part in fun, challenging and rewarding activities that are aimed to boost confidence and self-esteem and grow skills and gain different opportunities and experiences. Cadets also get to complete missions, challenges, and activities to earn badges for their uniform, gain accreditations in a wide range of topics and feel a sense of belonging and achievement. We aim to ensure young people are “Prepared for Life”.
As well as attending weekly cadet meet ups, Cadets take part in weekend public duties supporting their local community at events and local fates, as well as attending camps, residentials, trips and other youth development activities aimed to build positive futures for young people.
As Communications Manager, you will lead on the setup of all Communications aspects at Ranger Cadets. We need someone who has the time, dedication, and commitment as well as the experience and skills to expand on our brand identity and set a clear tone and message for our organisation and to be our Chief Storyteller, creating a huge buzz and interest in our organisation and what we are trying to achieve, including creating articles, content, manage our social media and website and all other Comms at Ranger Cadets.
We are looking for someone who is committed and dedicated, who can put in the time and effort to help us and who understands what needs to be done without waiting to be told what to do. We are very busy, and we need people who can hit the ground running and who has the confidence to get on with it, use their initiative and quickly gets to grips with what is expected of them.
We also need someone who is very approachable, a people person, bubbly, and fun personality and who has passion for Communications and what our organisation is trying to achieve.
You will be involved in:
- Establishing our brand identity, creating a real energy and buzz about Ranger Cadets to draw in interest from young people, potential volunteers and also potential donors and supporters.
- To create content such as writing articles, posting and managing our social media and website, creating videos and other marketing and communications to enhance the presence of Ranger Cadets.
- Identifying opportunities for the growth and development of Ranger Cadets, including establishment of relationships with local community groups, businesses, corporations, and organisations.
- Creating and updating our marketing and communications systems, processes and databases and maintaining them.
- Thinking of innovative ways to drive Ranger Cadets and make it a success.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Experience in Marketing, Communications or PR.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and punctual.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated to make an impact.
- Willing to use your initiative and work on your own as well as in a team.
- Interested in staying with us for at least 8-12 months.
- Passionate about managing a youth development organisation and all that it brings.
The Ranger Cadets
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.