Deputy Chief Executive (internally known as Deputy Chief Ranger) wanted at Ranger Cadets - VOLUNTEER ROLE
- Hours: 8-10 hours per week
- Location: Home based (You will be required to attend a few events each year, including locally to you to network and promote the Ranger Cadets).
You must have good working computer, internet connection and the ability to sign documents electronically and attend virtual meetings.
We are a NEW start-up uniformed youth development organisation looking to make a difference in the lives of young people aged 13 to 25 years old across England (starting in London and then growing outwards). Our mission is to prepare young people for life, by giving them new opportunities and experiences to learn and discover themselves and the world around them, while boosting their confidence, skills for life and resilience.
Cadets meet up at weekly unit cadet meet ups which take place one night per week usually held between 7pm and 9pm in which Cadets (young people) take part in fun, challenging and rewarding activities that are aimed to boost confidence and self-esteem and grow skills and gain different opportunities and experiences. Cadets also get to complete missions, challenges, and activities to earn badges for their uniform, gain accreditations in a wide range of topics and feel a sense of belonging and achievement. We aim to ensure young people are “Prepared for Life”.
As well as attending weekly cadet meet ups, Cadets take part in weekend public duties supporting their local community at events and local fates, as well as attending camps, residentials, trips and other youth development activities aimed to build positive futures for young people.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Chief Ranger (Deputy CEO) to assist in the set up and overall management of Ranger Cadets, working very closely with the Founder, Chairman and Chief Ranger to drive the organisation both operationally and strategically with our mission to help provide skills for life to help prepare young people for adulthood.
This includes ensuring we provide weekly evening based cadets units in London and then later across England for young people to get involved in their local communities, learn new skills and gain experiences to earn badges for their uniform, while preparing them for life. As well as driving the operational side of the charity, you will also play an active part in the design, draft and implementation of a 3-year strategy plan for the Ranger Cadets, working with Area Officers and Cadet Unit Officers helping to ensure Ranger Cadets is a highly regarded youth organisation and its continued success and growth.
You will be involved in:
- Establishing, managing, and maintaining an active youth development uniformed organisation at Ranger Cadets.
- Recruiting, selecting, and inducting volunteers into the Ranger Cadets, especially a senior team, ensuring we have the need human resources in all the vacant roles.
- Identifying opportunities for the growth and development of Ranger Cadets, including establishment of relationships with local community groups, businesses, corporations, and organisations.
- Engaging and managing volunteers through regular monthly/quarterly meetings, ongoing training and social based activities and events, including online based activities to ensure good communication and flow of information and good team spirit.
- Creating and updating our systems, processes and databases and maintaining them.
- Thinking of innovative ways to drive Ranger Cadets and make it a success.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated to make an impact.
- Willing to use your initiative and work on your own as well as in a team.
- Interested in staying with us for at least 8-12 months.
- Experience of senior management and strategic development.
- Passionate about managing a youth development organisation and all that it brings.
- Willing to wear the Ranger Cadet uniform as and when needed for Ranger Cadets based activities.
You MUST be willing to wear the Ranger Cadets uniform and the rank insignia assigned to the position that you have applied for.
The Ranger Cadets
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.