Join our new City of London Cadet Unit – Opening Soon
We're looking for CADETS and ADULT VOLUNTEERS to join us at RANGER CADETS at our first Cadet Unit opening soon in the City of London (in EC4M) an evening a week from 7pm to 9:30pm (same evening each week)
The Ranger Cadets is a new independent not for profit uniformed youth development organisation working with young people aged 13 to 25 years old across England, providing new opportunities and experiences, such as life and social skills, team work, community engagement, training, fun, community and personal development at weekly unit cadet meet ups which take place one night per week normally held between 7pm and 9pm in which young people (Cadets) take part in fun, challenging and rewarding activities, they also will get to complete missions and challenges in order to receive badges for their uniform, gain accreditations in a wide range of topics and feel a sense of belonging and achievement. We aim to ensure young people are “Prepared for Life”.
As well as attending weekly unit cadet meet ups, Cadets take part in weekend public duties supporting public community events as well as attending camps, residentials, trips and other youth development activities.
We are a non-political and non-religious youth organisation that is open and welcoming to everyone regardless of their background. Our overall aim is to prepare our next generation of young people preparing them for their adult lives and give them the tools and skills to live independently and successful.
Roles for Young People (aged 13 to 25 years old)
- Cadet (up to 25 positions available) – Take part in fun activities, learn new skills, earn badges for your uniform and be part of the community while gaining voluntary hours that look great on your CV as we help boost and build your confidence and skills to help you in life.
- Senior Cadet (x 2 to 4 positions available) – Take part as a cadet but also get to take on some responsibilities such as supporting and guiding new cadets, support your Corporal to lead and help teach and train a small group of cadets, helping them to understand the Ranger Cadets, while helping the Corporal to plan and organise activities for cadets.
- Corporal (x 2 to 3 positions available) – Take part in our cadet activities, while also taking on a role that leads a squad of cadets, while providing them with the guidance, support and coaching they need to earn badges for their uniform. You will also get to plan, organise, and facilitate activities and training, including teaching and leading drill and assist the Officer in Charge in running your weekly cadet unit.
- Sergeant (x 1 or 2 positions available) – Take part in our activities, while also taking on a leadership role where you will be in charge of all cadets within your cadet unit, leading all NCO’s, while providing them with the guidance, support and coaching they need to earn badges for their uniform as well as to support them in leading other cadets. You will also get to plan, organise, and facilitate activities and training, including teaching and leading drill and assist the Officer in Charge in running your weekly cadet unit as the most senior Cadet NCO.
Role for Adult Volunteers (aged 18 year old and over)
- Adult Instructor/Youth Leader (x 2 to 4 positions available) – To plan, organise and deliver activities and training sessions within your unit, supporting, training and guiding cadets to allow them to earn badges for their uniform and assist the Officer in Charge in running your weekly cadet unit.
- Staff Sergeant (2IC) (x1 position available) – To be the second in charge of the cadet unit, you will plan and organise weekly cadet meetings, planning overall activities within your unit for the year and assist the Officer in Charge in the overall running of your weekly cadet unit. This includes unit management paperwork, ordering uniforms and badges, and much more.
You MUST be willing to wear the Ranger Cadets uniform and the rank insignia assigned to the position that you have applied for.
To apply get in touch telling us which role(s) you are interested in and we will be in touch with further information about the role and the training dates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.