RAMFEL is a charity that supports vulnerable migrants to access justice and that provides vital support in moments of individual crisis.
The Drop in is one way in which we respond to the needs of vulnerable migrants. Our drop in is an essential part of our service. This gives new clients access to our caseworkers and immigration advisors to give advice. It exists to identify clients’ needs and issues and identifying how we can assist.
What will I receive?
- Lunch and travel expenses (£5 lunch, up to £10 travel)
- Role specific training, training on issues affecting vulnerable migrants
- Ongoing individual supervision and volunteer meetings
Where are we?
RAMFEL’s office is in Ilford, a 15 minute journey from Liverpool Street or 8 minutes from Stratford
What happens if I apply?
- You will be asked to complete a DBS check at interview (this is a requirement of working with vulnerable adults and children)
- We will interview applicants during October
- Training for the role and an induction period will take place throughout October / November
Volunteers will be asked to assist with triaging clients at the drop in and assisting them to see the right caseworker.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Time Period: This role requires a minimum 6-month commitment for a Thursday during office hours (9-5).
- To greet clients and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for them
- To identify who needs advice and which caseworker they need to see
- To keep accurate records of the needs of service users
- To complete necessary administrative duties associated with the delivery of the drop in
- Experience of working in a busy environment (E)
- A commitment to volunteer on Thursdays (E)
- Excellent communication skills (E)
- Organisational skills (E)
- Works well individually as well as within a team (E)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel (E)
- An awareness of some of the issues that affect asylum seekers, migrants and refugees (D)
- Ability to speak in another language (D)