· to ensure on behalf of the Board that Refugee Cafe’s assets are properly managed, only used for approved purposes, and applied as effectively as possible
Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practic
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits and the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- To ensure that proper accounts and records are kept and that Refugee Cafe meets its legal obligations in respect of its financial affairs and financial reporting
- To ensure that Refugee Cafe’s financial resources are spent in line with good governance and legal and regulatory requirements
- To be instrumental in the development and implementation of Refugee Cafe's financial policies
- To supervise and assist Finance assistant
- Liaising with the appropriate member(s) of volunteers responsible for Refugee Cafe’s financial activities and financial record-keeping
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Monitoring that financial systems and controls are in place and adhered to
- Monitoring and advising as necessary on ’s financial health
- Assist with preparing budgets and other financial information for funding bids
- Assist volunteers with the preparation of financial reports for funders
- Acting as a financial spokesperson for Refugee Cafe as appropriate
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Purchasing systems
- Petty cash/ float
- Salary payments
- PAYE and NI payments
- Others as appropriate
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Undertake bookkeeping duties and/or oversee the finance volunteer ensuring posting and bookkeeping is kept up-to-date.
- Maintain the petty cash system and regularly process petty cash claims.
- Regularly carry out reconciliations/ oversee regular reconciliations by the finance volunteer.
- Arrange payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
- Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.