Refugees at Home is a UK charity which connects those with a spare room in their home to refugees and asylum seekers in need of somewhere to stay. We are launching our ambitious and exciting 3 year strategy next year which will see us increase our work in finding safe, temporary homes for refugees. You'll play an important role in the development and implementation of this and will work closely with our team, including our Fundraising Manager.
We have a strong trustee board, which works alongside our excellent executive team.
We are currently seeking a fundraising trustee to join the Board. This is an unpaid role, and reasonable expenses may be reimbursed, subject to our expenses policy.
The selected candidate or candidates will be joinign a vibrant, growing and highly successful charity.
Main tasks will include:
- Taking the strategic lead on fundraising for the charity, in conjunction with the Fundraising Manager and the Executive Director of Refugees at Home.
- Responsibility, along with the other trustees, for the governance of the charity.
- Contributing to the ongoing strategy of the charity, in line with our charitable objectives.
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to our Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Acting as an ambassador for the charity – raising awareness of what we do and engaging potential supporters and other key stakeholders.
- Participating in board meetings and sub-committees in an inclusive and thoughtful way.
Full details about the role are available in the role description download.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.