The Renaissance Singers, London's leading amateur early music ensemble are looking for a well-motivated Treasurer and Trustee to lead and develop the choir's financial management. The key roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Receives and banks cheques and cash and keeps accurate records thereof
- Manages the CAF account
- Collects and monitors subscription payments
- Draws cheques or sets up online payments for choir expenses, obtains secondary authorisation and ensures receipt by payee
- Maintains records of expenses and invoices
- Prepares interim accounts for committee meetings and final accounts for AGM approval
- Prepares detailed forecast of income and expenditure for the year ahead for committee approval
- Completes Charity Commissioner’s Annual Return and files accounts
- Maintains file of members’ Gift Aid declarations and completes periodic claim for Tax refund on Gift Aid donations
- Works with Tour Co-ordinator and Residential Weekend Co-ordinator regarding finances for these events
- Monitors available cash and manages cash flow
- To maintain detailed instructions for the performance of the above tasks to ensure a smooth transition when the post holder changes
Our ideal Treasurer should have an enthusiasm for music and particularly that of the Renaissance period.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.