We are a multi-award winning women's NGO encouraging, educating and empowering marginalised Black, Asian, minority ethnic, refugee and Muslim women to live better and safe lives.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for research on issues that affect women from the BAMER and Muslim community in the UK. You will also be writing reports on these issues to a high standard. Additionally, researching, shaping policy, lobbying as well as assisting applications and funding proposals. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills. Experience of BAMER and women’s empowerment will be beneficial.
Skills and Qualifications:
It is expected that the person will have the following:
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· A graduate with a keen interest in the charity sector
· Knowledge of issues that affect women from BAMER and the Muslim community
· Interested and passionate about our aims, work and ethos
· Good organisational skills
· Commitment to women’s rights and gender equality
· Good research and writing skills
· Strong administrative skills
· Ability to work independently
· Computer literate (Word and Excel)
· The ability to work in a positive manner, under some pressure to tight deadlines
· Be able to conduct relevant research
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Email your CV and covering letter stating why you'd like to volunteer for JAN Trust.