Al-Khair foundation is a leading Muslim UK-based international NGO providing humanitarian support, international development, emergency aid and disaster relief in some of the world’s most deprived areas. Our focus is to help and empower disadvantaged communities in the UK and around the world.
We are offering an opportunity to work as a Research Intern at the Chief Executive’s office at AKF. The office is based in Bounds Green, London, and the candidate's main responsibilities will be to provide day to day support to the International Programmes department & UK Programmes department. This is a key role within AKF and will suit an individual with a proven interest in international development/relations/policy, gaining experience in the field of international development programming and supporting disadvantaged communities within the UK.
The suitable candidate must be able to display initiative and responsibility with a keen willingness to learn and develop. This is a varied role, the candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with all departments and help them with the research aspect of bid writing and needs assessments.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent background in research.
- Ability to work with autonomy and initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with an attention to detail.
- Good administration skills.
- Applicants need to have a good understanding of the NGO sector.
- Competency using ICT.
- Demonstrated interest in poverty alleviation and international development.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the position through the Charityjob website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.