Rhythms of Life is a London homeless charity. Every day, 365 days of the year, our amazing volunteers hit London’s streets to help those in need. We provide meals, clothes, toiletries, sleeping bags, and, most importantly, a friendly ear whenever needed. Our proactive approach allows us to tailor our services to the real needs of the homeless.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, well-organised and highly motivated Office Manager to run the office and to provide wider support to the Rhythms of Life Charity. Working with the founder and CEO, you'll be responsible for supporting and engaging with our team of Volunteers whilst managing the back office systems.
This is a part-time position of 24 hours per week, 4 days a week for a minimum of 6 months.
The successful candidates will:
● Manage the office the day to day running of the office
● Set up and maintain clear filing systems, both IT and paper-based
● Be a central point of contact for Rhythms of Life
● Field telephone queries and direct requests for information, manage all email correspondence
● Provide administrative support to the CEO, set up and arrange meetings
● Attend and minute all meetings
● Coordination and induction of admin volunteers to ensure the office is fully staffed
● Review volunteer applications and conduct interviews as required
● Manage and coordinate the Food Distribution Rota to ensure each event is appropriately staffed
● Assist with enquiries and coordination of the ad hoc events
● Track the Charities standards in reference to Health and Safety, and other legislation
Experience and Skills Required:
● Previous experience of similar office based role and office management
● Good working IT knowledge and skills using Gmail suit, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Doodle Polls
● Excellent communication skills verbally and written, a comfortable and confident telephone manner
● Implement a basic office administration structure with simple processes
● Basic PR and Media Skills
● Ability to work independently, organise and process tasks efficiently
In return, we offer a free lunch and will pay volunteer travel expenses. Interested? Please get in touch and provide a copy of your CV. We would love to hear from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.