Community Volunteer - 100005 (Yorkshire and Humber Events Volunteers)
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Yorkshire and the Humber has over 30,000 blind or partially sighted people who learn, work and socialise in our community. RNIB attend events aimed at providing information and awareness to both blind and partially sighted and sighted communities. We need volunteers to help us continue this valuable work. We welcome applications from all members of the community but we are particularly seeking blind or partially sighted volunteers. Volunteers are needed to attend events with staff members, help set up equipment, give out leaflets and basic info to the public. Sighted volunteers may also be asked to provide sighted guiding on occasion.
- Attending events with staff members,
- Helping set up equipment,
- Giving out leaflets and basic info to the public.
- Sighted volunteers may also be asked to guide visually impaired volunteers occasionally.
- Public facing experience is preferred but not necessary.
Home based with travel across Yorkshire and the Humber where possible.
- This role requires 2 references.