Charity Shop Assistant - Eastcote
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Overview of opportunity
As a volunteer Charity Shop Assistant, you would join a small team working with the shop manager and one or two other volunteers to help make it a success and raise vital funds for animal welfare.
About the RSPCA
Founded in 1824 we have been saving animals for almost 200 years and are proud to be the oldest welfare charity around. It has always been our vision to live in a world where all animals are respected and treated with compassion, so our volunteers and employees work tirelessly to ensure that all animals can live free from pain and suffering.
About Our Charity Shop in Eastcote
The shop is part of the RSPCA Middlesex North West and South Hertfordshire branch and plays an essential role in raising the profile of the RSPCA in our local community and funds for our branch so that we can continue our vital animal welfare work. Our shops sell a mixture of donated items, including clothes, books, bric-a-brac and collectables.
We have positions available on the shop floor and in our stock room or you could volunteer to do a mixture of both.
Volunteer Charity Shop Assistant responsibilities
- Helping customers in the shop find what they need.
- Accepting donations of items and money from the public.
- Processing sales through the till and card machine, including Gift Aid.
- Sorting through donated items to determine what we can sell.
- Preparing donated items for sale by steaming and hanging items.
- Merchandising stock on the shop floor.
- Creating attractive shop window displays.
What we are looking for in a volunteer Charity Shop Assistant
- Friendly volunteers who enjoy working as part of a team.
- Retail experience would be ideal but is not necessary as full training will be given.
- We are ideally aiming for someone who is flexible and can offer an ongoing commitment.
- Good communication and numeracy skills.
- You will need to be aged 18 or over.
What we can offer you as a volunteer Charity Shop Assistant
- A way to meet new people and make new friends in your local area.
- A place where you will learn excellent new skills to add to your CV, such as customer service, multi-tasking, merchandising, and many more.
- An excellent induction and training programme relevant to your role.
- The opportunity to make a huge difference to the welfare of animals.
We hope you are interested in volunteering for our branch!
Protecting our volunteers and customers is extremely important to us; therefore, due to Covid-19, we have implemented a range of new measures. These include using plastic screens, providing hand sanitiser, wiping down hard goods, steaming clothing items and doing regular cleaning.
Our voluntary roles are subject to an informal interview and trial period. We will ask you to provide contact details for two referees, and dependent on the position, you may need to sign an agreement and undergo specific training before starting the role.