Young Lives vs Cancer (CLIC Sargent) is a charity that gives under 25’s and their families in the UK what they need to get through their cancer.
Young Lives vs Cancer exist so that no family has to face that experience alone. They believe that everyone impacted by cancer in children and young people should get the support they need and that children and young people with cancer should have the opportunity to thrive, not just survive.
We know cancer doesn’t just impact your health. It sends shockwaves through your world, touching everything from your social life and your family to your education and your finances. That’s where we come in: we don’t do treatment, but we’re here for everything else.
With the rest of the Board of Trustees you will be governing Young Lives vs Cancer and direct how the charity is run.
- Provide a clear and inspiring strategic direction for the charity that gives young lives the best possible support within the resources we have
- Determine the purpose and values of the charity that are core to why we are here and who we are
- Develop organisational goals and achievable strategic plans that move us towards our goals
- Evaluate performance and hold us to account for meeting our targets.
Young Lives vs Cancer are looking for a brave and confident individual to bring their own unique voice and self to the board, balancing this with their ability to work as part of a team.
They are looking for a Trustee with professional experience that can help them become an organisation that is truly diverse, equitable and inclusive and where everyone belongs.
You will have passion and expertise in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and you will have the ability to use your experience to champion this agenda at Board level.
You will also demonstrate the ability and enthusiasm to:
- Act as an ambassador for Young Lives vs Cancer and the children, young people and families they support
- Say what you think, especially when you disagree – showing sound, independent judgement – and encourage others to do the same
- See the big picture and think strategically
To find out more about Young Lives vs Cancer, fulfilling the role of Trustee and the person they are looking for, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming a trustee for Young Lives vs Cancer, please include the following with your application:
- A CV detailing your recent achievements, along with the details of two referees
- A supporting statement that outlines your motivations for applying
Preliminary Interviews with Trustees Unlimited: Week commencing 14 June 2021
First Stage interviews: Week commencing 5 July 2021
Second Stage interviews: Week commencing 19 July 2021