Do you want to campaign to make sure child refugees can access legal routes to safety?
Safe Passage is seeking a creative Digital Communications Volunteer to help develop our social media presence, maintain our website and support online activites to help grow our audience.
In this role you will be working across our Campaigns and Fundraising teams, communicating about the incredible work our charity does reuniting refugee children with their families and campaigning to open new legal routes to safety. We're a small and friendly charity, so by providing support in this role, you will have the opportunity to develop and consolidate your communicaiton and digital skills, whilst being hands on learning more about the Refugee Sector.
Perhaps you have taken a break from work and are looking to refresh your skills. Or maybe you have limited work experience and are looking for an opportunity to develop your digital skillset. As long as you are willing to learn, and are a positive, proactive individual, we would love you to volunteer your time with Safe Passage!
The candidate will ideally be able to commit to 1-2 days per week, for a minimum of three months. We are very keen to support a pattern most suitable for the volunteer, but the office is only open 9am - 5pm, Monday-Friday.
Tasks will include:
- Updating our social media pages with our latest achievements, campaign developments and relevant news stories
- Using design software to create original content for our social media audiences (training will be provided)
- Updating and maintaining the new Safe Passage website (training will be provided)
- Exploring techniques and opportunities to help communicate our work better.
- Finding and testing new ways to reach audiences on social media.
- You will be welcomed as a valued member of our close-knit Safe Passage Team.
- Support to develop personally and professionally.
- Travel expenses (based on receipts) are reimbursed up to £10 per day and lunch will be reimbursed up to £4.50 for a full day's work.
- We will be more than happy to provide professional references for your work.
How do I apply?
Please download the role description to find out more.
Apply by sending your CV and a cover letter that tells us why you would love this role and volunteering with Safe Passage. Use the Subject Line: Digital Communications Volunteer Application. For an informal discussion about the role, please email Laura Butlin in advance of submitting your application for a friendly, introductory chat.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, but we would love the volunteer to start by the beginning of September 2019.