Title: Volunteer Van Driver
Department: Development; Commercial
Reports to: Head Office
Hours: Part-time. 16hrs per week to be worked on a flexible basis that will include weekends and bank holidays.
Based at: Mobile Role
To be responsible for the collection and delivery of donated stock from a range of donors and locations. To efficiently distribute stock around the South Coast Cluster of shops in line with a pre-agreed schedule.
- To deliver exceptional levels of customer to internal and external contacts
- Act as a representative of Sailors’ Society at all times
- To manage merchandise in a safe and secure manner in line with Sailors’ Society retail standards
- To ensure the delivery / collection and distribution system runs smoothly and professionally
- Occassional deliveries of bought stock to customers (for example, BySea Coffee to a local church or office)
To maintain the vehicle in a clean a tidy state at all times
Maintain complete records of movements / stock collection and delivery
Comply with the vehicle daily / weekly and monthly checks
- Report any issue to the Retail Manager and Facilities manager for action
- Ensure the vehicle is serviced and maintained to the correct standard
- Ensuring the vehicle is properly loaded to maximise space and security/ stability of load
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.