Sarabande Foundation – Bookkeeper
Sarabande Foundation was established by the late designer Lee Alexander McQueen in order to support the creatively fearless minds of the future – artists, designers and creatives with a unique vision and true dedication to their craft - be it painting, sculpture, fashion or jewellery.
We do this through scholarships at Central Saint Martins and Slade School of Fine Art, subsidised studios in our converted Victorian stable block on the canal in East London. The studios are leased at a fraction of the normal price in London – an average of £100 per month and have held taxidermists, traditional engravers, designers, sculptors and video artists. In addition to the studios and scholarships we run a massive programme of events with practical talks & workshops like – the basics of setting up a business, life drawing classes or how to price your artwork; to inspirational talks with leading figures in industry like Wallace Chan, Maggi Hambling, Tim Walker and Mat Collishaw. We are a small team of 4 with a couple of host deskers in our office. The building is a lively space with lots going on - fashion shows, talks and workshops.
Perform bookkeeping on Xero accounting system for the Sarabande Foundation and its associated company, Suture Limited.
- Booking Purchase invoices, including accounting for VAT if relevant
- Booking current account payments and receipts
- Reconciling current account bank statement on a monthly basis
- Analysing and booking Credit Card transactions
- Reconciling credit card transactions to statements on a monthly basis
- Booking payroll and pension transactions
- Booking transactions on short-term deposit and reconciling to statements
- Booking investment transactions (to be confirmed, currently performed by outside accountants)
- Booking depreciation on fixed assets (to be confirmed, currently performed by outside accountants)
Answering queries and providing accounting information to outside accountants who prepare VAT returns and Management / Statutory accounts.
Provide accounting information to Sarabande management to assist with budgeting.
Working with the volunteer finance director.
Approximately one day a week (flexible)
Some but not all work can be performed from home. Own Laptop is required.
All travel expenses will be covered and £7 a day for lunch.