SATRO, an educational STEM charity, is seeking three replacement trustees with finance, education, industry or fundraising experience. We inspire young people in science, engineering and employability skills for the future.
For over 35 years SATRO has empowered students with the skills they need for the future, educated them in STEM (science, technology, engineering, maths) subjects and enthused them to challenge perceptions and seek career pathways that interest them. Each year we impact around 5000 young people, from primary to sixth form, in Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex and Oxfordshire. SATRO brings together schools, employers and their staff (as volunteers), on a one to one basis, at classroom or school level, in regional challenges and at large-scale events.
For our current trustees, and those from our wider volunteer pool (over 250), we find a range of reasons for their involvement in SATRO:
- Inspiring the next generation and embedding skills whilst at Primary school
- Enabling young people with an interest in STEM to learn more at Secondary school
- Being a role model to students by sharing their experience
- Using their expertise and knowledge to improve STEM education
- Engaging young people with careers in industry
- Working with employers to improve their engagement with the education system
STEM is science, technology, engineering and mathematics which includes construction and associated industries.
Our Board of Trustees actively support the work of the charity and bring together experience of STEM, management, finance, HR and law. We are currently seeking new trustees to fill vacancies as three of our long-standing trustees step down at the end of their mandates.
This is a voluntary position, open to all applicants and we are keen to expand the diversity of our Board. We are particularly interested in those who are developing their career skills for the future such as expanding experience of governance and strategy.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.