SCF Sports Connections Foundation are looking for a volunteer to provide some practical support and advice with grant applications for our small charity supporting vulnerable children and young people.
Estimated Time Commitment: A minimum of 4 hours per week
*Due to concerns with COVID-19 this will be entirely a remote/online position for the time being.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Volunteers must have their own laptop and be someone who is very flexible and able to work remotely
- Research appropriate grants.
- Collect data from each department seeking a grant.
- Report to the Income & Engagement Manager and keep in regular contact with them.
- Attend SCF meetings when called upon or able.
- Write grants and submit them to the Income & Engagement Manager for approval before pursuing them.
- Assist in keeping track of current grants and their terms.
- Help maintain a calendar of submissions and deadlines.
- Participate in Fundraising marketing and promotion.
- Training and orientation.
- Flexible and self-directed schedule.
- Preferential hiring.
- Opportunity to fulfil volunteer hours remotely.
- Recommendation letters and references.
- Networking opportunities at SCF events and meetings.
- Opportunity to shadow someone in the organisation to develop skills.
All Volunteers must submit to and pass a background check.