Customer Service Assistant, Clapham Junction
Do you want to make a real difference to Scope, the disability equality charity, and our income?
Do you like talking to people and helping with queries?
Do you have a couple of hours a week to support our charity shop?
You might like our customer service role!
About this role
You will be vital to the work of your local Scope shop, as one of the first faces customers see!
You will receive training on serving our customers and taking payments and making Gift Aid donations. This makes a real difference to our income and the number of disabled people we can support.
Your role may include:
- using the till and cash handling
- welcoming and supporting customers
- helping to display stock and window dressing
- preparing goods for sale
- tidying and cleaning the shop
When and where
You will be in our Clapham Junction shop at Saint John's Road, Clapham, SW11 1QX. We are flexible on the times you would like to volunteer. We’d love your help for as little as 1 hour a week, but if you can give more time that would help us even more.
Who we’re looking for
We welcome anyone who is friendly and passionate about disability equality!
Some volunteers want to learn more about charities or about retail. Others want to make a difference to the lives of disabled people. Other volunteers are interested in our training and development opportunities. Some people join us to meet new people and make friends. Sometimes people want to help a charity shop they like shopping in, while also getting a discount in the shop!
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of Scope’s mission. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all volunteers.
Skills and experience you can gain
- customer service
- till operation
- retail skills
- stock preparation and management
- health and safety
- valuable experience for your CV
- experience of a large, national disability charity
What we can offer you
- introduction to scope
- demonstration of your tasks
- training courses, in person and online
- personal development opportunities
- support and regular catchups from a dedicated manager
- agreed travel expenses
- adjustments to make the role accessible for you
- work experience for your cv
- a work reference
- 20% discount in your scope charity shop
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Scope is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of children and adults at risk, whether receiving services or being staff or volunteers. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.