ScotsCare's reception is run by a team of friendly volunteers who each cover at least one shift per week and we are seeking an additional volunteer to assist on our reception in City Road, EC1. Basic admin and IT skills required and you'll need to be confident answering the phone. Available shift is: Thursdays 9 am-1 pm
As our receptionist you will work in pairs to:
- Screen and transfer calls, take messages and pass them onto staff using Outlook
- Provide a warm welcome to visitors and ensure they sign in and out
- Use Outlook to check staff availabilty and wherabouts
- Deal with requests to send information out, mostly application packs and letters
- Assist with occasional large mailings (stuffing envelopes, franking and taking to the PO)
- Assist with other admin tasks as they arise - skills and interests dependent.
You will need to be confident on the phone and ideally have experience of using Outlook, Excel and Word although we can provide training if necessary. Most importantly, you'll need to be reliable, a good timekeeper and committed to helping Scots living in London who are struggling with life.
If you have some time to spare, can commit to at least 6 months, preferably longer (following a 4 week trial), wish to meet new people and be part of our friendly community, we'd love to hear from you.
In return, we offer:
- Travel expenses
- Regular newsletters and annual social events
- An opportunity to work within a small friendly team (22 staff working from home and office)
- Opportunities to help in other areas of our work if interests
- Plus an endless supply of tea, coffee, fresh fruit and biscuits!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.