We are on the hunt for new Trustees to help us break the cycle of youth homelessness. We
need ambitious, compassionate people who are committed to Settle’s mission to join our
Board and drive the organisation forward.
Our current Trustees bring a broad range of personal experience and professional expertise
from different sectors to support our work. But we are looking to bring in new and different
perspectives and areas of expertise that will complement and strengthen our existing skill
set and experience.
Trustees are the guardians of our vision, values and strategy. Their role is to support and
challenge the executive leadership team to deliver these and to act in the best interests of
Settle is keen to encourage applicants from as diverse a range of backgrounds as possible,
to better reflect the young people we work with. We therefore would like to hear from
people from BAME backgrounds and people with lived experience of the care or the
We’re currently looking for the following specific skills and experiences to further strengthen
our board and support our growth:
● Experience of commissioning services in a local authority - preferably in children’s social care and/or housing
● Working within children’s services or charities – understanding of safeguarding, vulnerability and risk
● Experience of participating in the Settle programme (or similar)
● Experience of working in fundraising and communications at a senior leadership level
● Experience of HR and legal at a senior leadership level
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.