Shannon Trust teaches prisoners to read through the award-winning Shannon Trust Reading Plan which enables prisoners who can read to support those who cannot. Prisoners teaching prisoners makes sense but it's made possible by Shannon Trust volunteers.
Use your excellent administrative and communication skills to support our national reading programme, the Shannon Trust Reading Plan.
About this opportunity
We need an experienced administrator to support our Area Coordinator and team of volunteers working in prisons across our East Midlands North area which covers HMPs/YOIs Foston Hall,Lincon,Lowdham Grange,North sea camp, Nottingham,Ranby, Stocken,Sudbury, Whatton
Your responsibilities will include:
• Booking venues and arranging tea/coffee/lunch within agreed budget
• Sending out invitations, monitoring responses/ attendance
• Circulating relevant documents and agenda beforehand
• Preparing papers required for the meeting
• Taking minutes and distributing minutes
• Notify Regional Manager of meeting dates
• Provide Regional Manager with copies of minutes
Skills & experience
There are no formal qualifications required for this role, but Area Secretaries will need to have:
- Good administrative skills
- An ability to write clearly and concisely
- Good IT skills - ability to manage Word and Excel packages and E mail.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise own workload.
- Access to a computer/internet.
Frequency and commitment
This in ideal opportunity for a home-based volunteer although attendance at some meetings held centrally within your area is required. You will need your own computer and internet access. The time commitment will vary from month to month but will typically be 14 hours per month.