Thursday and/or Friday, 10am – 4pm
Base at Clapham Junction but normally out and about in the local area
Are you looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience in supporting people with disabilities? Would you like to do something really rewarding with your time? We are looking for volunteers to work with our staff to help adults with learning disabilities and autism to increase their confidence to live and travel independently.
My Community and Me is an exciting new project that’s launching in April, and we’d love for you to be involved. The project will help people improve their travel, monetary, social and digital skills. We are expecting people to be happier and will have had their lives improved by the project. They’ll feel more linked in with their friends and community outside of Share hours.
You'll support people to access different community activities such as going to the local leisure centres to explore how to keep fit, visiting local community centres to see what they could do during their weekends, shops to practice using money, kitchens to learn how to cook and volunteer centres to see what volunteer opportunities may be available. Our students are a friendly bunch and welcome new volunteers with warmth. We can guarantee you’ll get a real buzz from doing such a rewarding thing with your free time.
Our ideal volunteer would be:
- Committed to the inclusion of disabled people in all aspects of life
- Reliable, punctual and patient
- Friendly, warm and supportive of people
- A good listener
- Helpful and able to use initiative
In return for you giving up your time for us, you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction and regular training, with on-going support from staff
- An opportunity to develop new skills and make new connections
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Free lunch and refreshments if you volunteer for the whole day
- Invites to all our events, including Christmas parties and garden parties
- The opportunity to have your say by taking part in the annual volunteer survey
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
If you'd like to have a chat about the role or if you have any questions, Leanne would love to hear from you.
To apply now, please download and fill in our short application form from our website. If you wish to discuss submitting your application by an alternative method, please speak to Leanne.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.