Remote Induction Facilitator Volunteer
Do you enjoy helping people learn and sharing information in a fun and logical way? We’re looking for a people-person - who is comfortable and confident when it comes to technology - to deliver induction sessions via Skype to new volunteers.
Suggested Involvement: Two 1hr session each month, with some additional time spent on preparation when new to the role.
Supervised by: Volunteering Engagement Manager
Main tasks can include:
- Delivering two 1hr induction sessions per month via Skype
- Noting down queries and following up on these with appropriate staff
- Supporting volunteers to join Skype calls
- Collecting feedback on volunteers' experience of inductions where appropriate
Skills and Experiences required:
- Ability to learn and retain new information
- Experience of using Microsoft Power Point and Skype
- A confident telephone manner and excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise your own work, manage your time and work on your own initiative
- The ability to work as part of a remote team
- Willingness to follow Shelter’s policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity, confidentiality & data protection
Induction, Learning and Development:
To enable you to take part in this opportunity, Shelter will:
- Provide you with a Volunteer Handbook and all Policies and Procedures
- Provide E-Learning: Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, Data Protection, Environmental Awareness and Safeguarding
- Provide on the job induction
- Reimburse out of pocket expenses in line with Shelter's volunteer expenses policy
Benefits of volunteering with Shelter:
- Supporting Shelter in our fight against bad housing and homelessness
- Be part of a great team
- Build your confidence and develop transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave our services
Why get involved with Shelter?
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help. We're here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own. Shelter volunteers are involved in our head office, services, shops, campaigns, events and our legal teams and they all contribute their valuable time, skills and experience. We simply couldn't achieve our goals without them.
Please complete an application for this role. After you have applied, we will invite successful candidates to an informal Skype/phone interview to discuss the role further.
- Please note, you will be asked to declare any unspent convictions. Having a criminal record does not mean that you cannot volunteer with us. It may limit the different ways that you can get involved, but please contact us if you require more information.
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of our services and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role profile does not form part of any contract of employment.