Retail eBay Volunteer - Blackheath Boutique
Role Summary - An exciting volunteer opportunity has become available in our Blackheath Shop. We are using eBay to sell a selection of donated goods allowing us to obtain the best price on a selection of items generating income to support Shelter.
Time Commitment: Two to three days a week (Monday - Sunday), but this is flexible
Location: Shelter Boutique, 24 Tranquil Vale, Blackheath, London, SE3 0AX
Supervised by: Sarah Evans
You would be working alongside our eBay Support volunteers – researching and identifying items that could be sold on eBay (picture, posting and managing the eBay account). Ensuring sold items are packaged nicely and sent promptly to the new owner.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Experience or willingness to learn Word, Excel and SharePoint (training can be provided)
- Confident using eBay and various social media platforms
- Confident using the phone with a good telephone manner
- The ability to work as part of a team and value others
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Willingness to follow Shelter's policies, including volunteering, health & safety, equality & diversity, confidentiality & data protection
We can reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses and for volunteering over 6 hours we can pay for your lunch (maximum reimbursement of £4).
Benefits of Volunteering with Shelter
- Supporting Shelter in our fight against bad housing and homelessness
- Gain valuable work experience as part of a team
- Be part of a great team
- Build your confidence and develop transferable skills
- Enhances your CV, we can help you to update this and will provide references when you leave
Why get involved with Shelter?
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help. We're here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own. Shelter volunteers are involved in our head office, services, shops, campaigns, events and our legal teams and they all contribute their valuable time, skills and experience. We simply couldn't achieve our goals without them.
Please complete an application for this role.
This is a voluntary position that supports the work of our services and is not replacing the work of a paid member of staff. This role profile does not form part of any contract of employment.