Voluntary treasurer role with charity committed to supporting additional needs and disability students to learn Snow Sports - developing their life skills, their excitement of being on snow and their employability.
Help give an additional needs student that electricity you feel when you are skiing in the mountains
We really feel you can be part of a team marking a life change benefit to this strong but vulnerable community.
Treasurer Job Description
- Oversee the work of the Finance / Admin / Book keeper roles
- Approve bank payments
- Vote on funding proposals
- Prepare financial reports and accounts as required
- Prepare annual report and accounts for charity commission
- Post annual report and accounts on charity commission website
- Monitor income and expenditure
- Keep up to date with charity commission reporting requirements and amend finance policies and procedures as required
Additional Needs covers the following areas
We work in partnership with the students, their families, carers and other health and social care professionals to develop a personalised programme centred round the needs of each individual.
We have successfully supported students with the following additional needs:
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism/Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chromosomal Disorder
- Down’s Syndrome
- Emotional Behavioural Disorder
- Fragile X
- Global Development Delay
- High Anxiety
- Learning Difficulties
- Mental Health
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Rehabilitation Challenges
- Sensory Issues
- Sturge-Weber Syndrome (SWS)
- Visual impairment
Case Study from a student
“My son is 13 years old. He is on the autistic spectrum and extremely shy and does not join group activities, yet he so wanted to learn to ski. I found out about the Foundation and contacted them for help with some funding.
“He had his first lesson and it was amazing to see him so confident on the slope with the personal instructor. I can tell with more sessions my son’s confidence is going to increase to help him to socialise in due course.
“Thank you to the Foundation for contributing to funding, it has made a huge difference to Khye”
You really can help us make a real difference
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.