The successful candidate will support the day-to-day programs to grow engagement, brand recognition, and brand affinity, and ultimately increase the MOOC's audience. The position requires to maintain a regular posting schedule of content and editorial pieces across all MOOC platforms. Using social media influence metrics, the candidate will also create reports on the growth in social media presence. Lastly, the position will involve designing and developing strategies to increase following and engagement for all social media accounts.
Candidates must submit their CV, cover letter with some English writing samples.
- A degree or training in a relevant research area.
- Experience in producing research outputs and structured reports for different audiences;
- A track record in research publications (not essential);
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative;
- Experience in designing, planning and facilitating independent research and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A good grasp with social media and the technical skills required across all platforms.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent English writing skills and detail orientated.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to balance competing demands under pressure.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present ideas appropriately and persuasively.
BENEFITS FOR APPLICANT:
- The role offers a flexible opportunity to choose your own hours, as an intern.
- You’ll gain experience in volunteering in a project support role in a busy team within the third sector.
- After a qualifying period of having been a satisfactory intern, you’ll be able to ask for a reference in line with our Internship Policy.
- The role will help further develop your skills and experience, and will look great on your CV.
- You’ll gain a real personal benefit from knowing you are making a real positive change to the lives of people who are struggling.
- Interns are further supported by the Director and also our dedicated team.
- This role does not meet the criteria for a DBS check but we might ask two referees we can contact for their opinions on your suitability for this role.
Funding in the form of a research grant is available. The research create will be supported and the resulting work will be published with our help.
MOOCs have opened the door for so many. They have provided a wide variety of courses to so many individuals either starting higher education wishing to improve both their hard and soft skills throughout their career. If you are an individual wishing to contribute to this field, please apply by sending your CV and a short paragraph explaining why you are interested in applying. We would love to help you and continue making education better and more accessible!