Do you want to gain practical experience working in a Social Media related role? Would you like to show real life experiences of creating and managing online communications campaigns? Does the idea of creating contacts and engaging with the film industry and key influencers in this field sound like the sort of experience you want? We need your help to both increase awareness and funds for our charity.
MediCinema is a national charity that improves the wellbeing of patients in clinical settings through the power of cinema. We do this by building and running state-of-the-art cinemas in hospitals and health facilities, so that patients can enjoy the escapism and magic that a trip to the cinema offers - and feel better with film. Our 7 cinemas are accessible to beds and wheelchairs and our nurses and volunteers provide care for our patients who need it, enabling us to support over 17,000 people last year.
MediCinema would not be able to provide the service we do without the support we receive from the film industry itself. Our relationships include studios such as Disney, Sony and Universal and cinema chains such as Vue, Empire and Everyman. This role will help us engage with our industry partners through social media channels as well and identify and proactively engage with key influencers in the film and arts arenas.
Job Title: Social Media and Digital Marketing Volunteer
Hours: 2-3 days a week (or equivalent hours)
Employment Status: Voluntary unpaid position. Travel and lunch reimbursed (max £15/day)
Commitment: Minimum 8 weeks
Reporting to: Senior Fundraising Officer
- Knowledge of social media platforms, specifically Facebook and Twitter
- Understanding of audience or customer engagement through social media.
- Knowledge of tools to measure impact of social media campaigns.
- Ability to evaluate impact of campaigns and provide recommendations based on this.
- Experience of using dotmailer would be useful but not essential.
- Interest and knowledge of digital landscape would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluent English.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Engage with the Medicinema community ( volunteers, supporters, followers) through key platforms with the aim acquiring new followers.
- Day-to-day management and maintenance of social media channels
- Identify and create content for our social media channels normally around film premieres and special events (e.g. recent Mark Hamill and Droids visit to Guy’s MediCinema).
- Identify key influencers such as film bloggers, charity angle bloggers, online journalists and patrons.
- Report to CEO on effectiveness of campaigns
- Assist with promotional materials such as press releases and make sure all digital copy is aligned.
- Support the general administration of the organisation by undertaking general office tasks as required or requested, including checking the post and voicemail on a regular basis
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.