As a Heads UP volunteer, you will be based in and around Southampton and the New Forest area, supporting the Heads UP Co-Ordinator.
Alongside the Heads UP Co-Ordinator and other volunteers, you will be delivering a variety of workshops to young people of all ages in schools, colleges, youth groups etc. As such, we invite young people who are confident public speakers to apply.
In this role you will gain experience of working for a busy project in a mental health charity, contributing to its future progression, adding to its success. You will be building and learning new skills whilst also helping teach young people about mental health, challenging negative perceptions of it through your work.
- To maintain the excellent delivery standard
- To undertake the role of planning future workshops with the Heads UP co-ordinator
- To deliver workshops and talks in different situations
- Ability to talk to teachers about mental health issues and refer to the Heads UP Co-Ordinator
- To be punctual to every workshop/talk
- To attend relevant meetings with the Heads UP coordinator where appropriate
- Arrange meetings for schools and colleges with the Heads UP co-ordinator
- Attend promotional events promoting Solent Mind and Heads UP
- Helping eradicate stigma and discrimination in young people around mental health
What’s In It For You?
To gain experience of working for a busy project in a mental health charity, contributing to its future progression, aiding to its success. You will be building and learning new skills, whilst also helping teach young people about mental health, challenging negative perceptions of it through your work.
Why We Want You:
To assist in the support and development of the project to sustain a high level of quality delivery to service users.
- Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Having a driving license and a car will be an advantage, although not essential, when travelling to and from workshops
- A DBS check will be required
- We will pay travel expenses
- Please also be aware that at times you may be delivering workshops/talks on your own but there will be someone from the school/college in the room with you
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE,
PLEASE SEE OUR ‘GET INVOLVED' PAGE ON THE SOLENT MIND WEBSITE
CV’s will not be accepted nor do we accept applications from recruitment agencies
Posts may be subject to a relevant DBS check
Solent Mind welcomes applications from all the communities in which we work.
Appointments are made on merit.
Charity registered number 1081116
Registered with Limited Liability in England and Wales No: 4004500
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.