Sported is a leading Sport for Development charity, helping to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people across the UK. We’re a membership organisation, working with 3000 amazing community groups and organisations that are using the power of sport to tackle the root causes of some of society’s biggest problems, and giving disadvantaged young people the opportunities to succeed in life. Most of our members are, themselves, led by volunteers. While they’re knowledgeable and passionate about their sport, and know how to work effectively with young people, they often lack the skills, the time and the networks they need to make their clubs sustainable and effective. That’s where Sported comes in!
As a Sported light touch volunteer you will use your professional skills and knowledge to help our members develop their organisations, and by doing so improve more lives, and the communities in which they are based.
We have volunteering opportunities accross the UK. Light touch support is flexible and involves short term volunteering interventions to support our members needs. Options range include one off phone calls and email supports, to helping a group over 6 hours. We also offer longer term opportunities through with our mentoring programme.
Why become a Sported Light Touch Volunteer?
- Have a lasting impact on communities
- Opportunities to share professional skills and expertise
- Varied and flexible opportunities
- Short term and one-off volunteering opportunities
- Full induction, plus training and personal development opportunities
- Support from the Sported Volunteer Services Team
- Many of our light touch interventions are delivered by phone, skype and or email so can fit around our volunteers existing commitments
- Opportunities to support a range of different types of organisations in communities across the UK
- Expenses covered
What’s involved in Strategic Planning light touch support?
- Answering a query around a specific part of the strategic plan or strategic planning process.
- Supporting the Sported member to distil their project/organisation vision and aims
- Supporting the Sported member to understand strategic planning and thinking
- Reviewing an existing or draft strategic plan and providing feedback
- Supporting the Sported member with practical action planning to achieve their strategic plan.
If you have 3 years experience in strateic planning and would like to find out more please see 'apply' to visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.