Sported is a leading Sport for Development charity, helping to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people across the UK. We’re a membership organisation, working with 3000 amazing community groups and organisations that are using the power of sport to tackle the root causes of some of society’s biggest problems, and giving disadvantaged young people the opportunities to succeed in life. Most of our members are, themselves, led by volunteers. While they’re knowledgeable and passionate about their sport, and know how to work effectively with young people, they often lack the skills, the time and the networks they need to make their clubs sustainable and effective. That’s where Sported comes in!
As a Sported mentor you will use your professional skills and knowledge to help our members develop their organisations, and by doing so improve more lives, and the communities in which they are based.
We have volunteering opportunities accross the UK, and volunteering options ranging from one off phone calls and email supports, to helping a group regularly (around 4-8 hours a month) over 3-6 months with our mentoring.
Why volunteer as a Sported Mentor?
- Have a lasting impact on your local community
- Opportunities to share professional skills and expertise
- Varied and flexible placements
- Full induction, plus training and personal development opportunities
- Support from a local Sported Regional Manager and Volunteer Services Team
- Opportunities to work with a range of different communities and types of organisations
- Enabling a Sported member to identify their key audiences/stakeholders
- Supporting the Sported member to identify and articulate their key messages
- Providing advice and information on marketing techniques
- Supporting identification of appropriate marketing tools and how to best utilise these
- Supporting and facilitating development of marketing plans
- Ensuring marketing reflects and supports the Sported member’s business plan
- Supporting the writing of press releases and media communications
- Reviewing plans and marketing resources
- Facilitation/ supporting positive meetings focussed on marketing and PR with the Sported member’s committee/directors
If you have 3 years experience in PR and Marketing and would like to find out more please see 'apply' to visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.