Using Anonymous Recruitment
This organisation is using Anonymous Recruitment to reduce bias in the first stages of the hiring process. Our system keeps your personal information hidden until the recruiter contacts you.
The Triage Volunteer role is a fantastic opportunity to help a local, thriving mental health and emotional wellbeing service function effectively. As the first point of contact for the St Germains Emotional Wellbeing Service (EWS), our administrative team members are instrumental in ensuring service users feel welcomed and that their journey through the service is smooth. This enables the emotional wellbeing practitioners to support service users effectively, expanding the reach of our service.
Commitment: We are looking for a volunteer who can commit to 7 hours per week minimum, or the equivalent of at least 1 half day per week on a Monday or Tuesday. The exact hours worked can be flexible and remote working is ideal.
The key activities of the role include:
- Triaging and registering new service users, including assessing risk
- Managing the online Google calendar
- Updating systems including Google Spreadsheets, Charity Log, and other general data inputting
- Taking calls from service users, referral agents and other professionals
- Sending updates to referral agents
- Sending reminders to service users via text and sending paper correspondence when required
- Providing accurate information and representing the welcoming and caring nature of the Wellbeing Hub when answering calls
We’re looking for volunteers who are / have:
- A high level of empathy and a passion for the role
- Reliable and committed to the role
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- The ability to work in an organised way, due to the fast-paced nature of the service
- Good IT skills
- The ability to provide a non-judgemental listening ear during triage calls
- The ability to communicate with charisma and confidence to service users over the telephone
- Some experience or a willingness to learn more about communicating with people who may be emotionally distressed, struggling with poor mental health or have language difficulties
- Some experience of understanding risk, or a willingness to learn more about risk of suicide and self-harm and how to assess this and respond appropriately over the telephone
- Willing to undergo the necessary training for the role, including an in-person induction
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.